Troll Troll Lord Games
Castles & Crusades, The Crusader Magazine, Aihrde, and all other things SIEGE.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Lejendary Adventure News
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Troll Lord Games Forum Index -> News & Subscription Services (Troll's Tusk, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, C&C Society)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troll Lord
Troll Lord Administrator
Troll Lord Administrator

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Lejendary Adventure News Reply with quote

TROLL LORD GAMES PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Troll Lord Games
Phone: (501) 680-6597
Email: troll@trolllord.com

Lejendary Adventure News (TLG PR)

LITTLE ROCK, AR B July 21, 2008 B Troll Lord Games announced today that they were closing down the Lejendary Adventure™ Role Playing Game product line at the request of Trigee Enterprises, owner of the LA game. Troll Lord Games will immediately sell off the existing stock through to August 31, 2008.

A few words from Gail Gygax, President of Trigee Enterprises Company, “Lejendary Adventure is a wonderful game, however, it is far more important at this time that we focus our resources on Castle Zagyg™ and its related works. I am very grateful to Steve and TLG for all of their support and hard work on the LA line as was my late husband. I know this is disappointing news for the LA fan base. I am very sorry but I hope you can understand that this was an extremely difficult decision. I want you to know that work on LA continues and it will return. Gary would most certainly have wanted that.”

“This is sad news to everyone here at Troll Lord,” remarked Stephen Chenault of TLG. “The LA line was very dear to Gary’s heart and he wanted to see the game evolve. A great deal of time and work had already been devoted to the line. That said, Gary was heavily focused on Castle Zagyg™ and would certainly approve of everyone at TLG focusing their attention on it.”

Trigee Enterprises and Troll Lord Games have worked closely together for many years producing hosts of amazing RPG related projects from the Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds, Gord the Rogue reprints, Lejendary Adventure, d20 Adventures and Castle Zagyg adventures and settings.

About Troll Lord Games
Troll Lord Games debuted at GenCon 2000. Alongside its hallmark Castles & Crusades7Swords and Sorcery Role Playing Game, Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds, The Crusader JournalJ, The World of Aihrde, d20 adventure modules. Troll Lord Games owns the Lake Geneva Gaming Convention, Winter Dark Gaming Convention and Troll Con. For more information, visit our web site at www.trolllord.com. Copyright 2008, Troll Lord Games. Castles & Crusades, Troll Con, Lake Geneva Gaming Convention are, Winter Dark Trademark Troll Lord Games.

Lejendary Adventure and Castle Zagyg are Trademarks of Trigee Enterprises Company and is used here under license from the trademark holder.
troll@trolllord.com
Omote
Captain Sweater
Captain Sweater

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, now that is some news indeed.

I have to admit that I was never a fan of the system, but I did like some of the more recent modules that came out. I'm assuming that theCastle Zagyg project is just plainly far more lucrative then Lejendary Adventure could ever be, so it seems like the smart move to make.

-O
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deogolf
Tusker
Tusker

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was coming. Chris Clark alluded to it a few days ago. Good thing to see is that it isn't dead, just taking a break - letting Steve and company devote their time to the "Big Daddy" that is CASTLE ZAGYG.

Long live LA!!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:

http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html
serleran

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not presume money has anything to do with it, but the details as to why is rather unimportant, in my opinion -- only that it has happened. It is unfortunate, and disappointing, but also invigorating too. Resources that had been placed for use for LA material are now available for other projects -- if TLG moves quickly, there is a great opportunity, and then, perhaps, LA can be picked up again? There is always that hope.
Troll Lord
Troll Lord Administrator
Troll Lord Administrator

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm posting this here before the website updates because I owe it to Gary's memory to be as honest with the fans of his game as he would be.

This has been hard news all the way around. The game has many devoted fans, and they now have lost a game. Professionally its hard because the game never had a chance to see its full potential and see if it had sea legs as the hardbacks didn't come out. Peter put in countless hours of work. Its hard personally as I had made my friend some promises that I cannot now keep.

That said, Trigee has many properties, managing them all, without Gary is an enormous task so I understand why this decision was made.

LONG LIVE LEJENDARY ADVENTURE!

Steve
troll@trolllord.com
dachda
Iron Monger
Iron Monger

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is surprising. I figured the ICGD announcement just meant that Trigee wanted to simplify things and only work with one publisher, but I guess not. It raises several questions too.

1) How does this effect things like Lejendary Pantheons, which have rules for both LA and C&C?

2)Does this affect the Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds re-releases of Canting Crew, World Builder? Or the new Essential Places?

3) Will the LA material be sold at a discount in order to 'immediately sell off the existing stock'?

4) Does this mean Gail Gygax wants to see all of Castle Zagyg in print, so she is temporarily ceasing all LA activity, until that is accomplished?

5) what does Gail Gygax's enigmatic sentence "I want you to know that work on LA continues and it will return." mean? Who is continuing work on LA, if ICGD and now TLG have been told to close down their LA lines?

6) Trolls, are you able to answer any of these questions? Or are these questions only Gail Gygax can answer?

Thanks.
RakintheBlue
Troll
Troll

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dachda wrote:
This is surprising. I figured the ICGD announcement just meant that Trigee wanted to simplify things and only work with one publisher, but I guess not. It raises several questions too.

1) How does this effect things like Lejendary Pantheons, which have rules for both LA and C&C?

2)Does this affect the Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds re-releases of Canting Crew, World Builder? Or the new Essential Places?

3) Will the LA material be sold at a discount in order to 'immediately sell off the existing stock'?

4) Does this mean Gail Gygax wants to see all of Castle Zagyg in print, so she is temporarily ceasing all LA activity, until that is accomplished?

5) what does Gail Gygax's enigmatic sentence "I want you to know that work on LA continues and it will return." mean? Who is continuing work on LA, if ICGD and now TLG have been told to close down their LA lines?

6) Trolls, are you able to answer any of these questions? Or are these questions only Gail Gygax can answer?

Thanks.

Just about the same exact questions I had.

/patiently taps foot awaiting an answer..
Troll Lord
Troll Lord Administrator
Troll Lord Administrator

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo,

All good questions. I'll answer where I can. And when the information comes to me, I'll answer that too.

dachda wrote:

I told Gail yesterday that this would be the first question asked. ha. I'm not sure. We will probably talk about that today or tomorrow. LP is in the most jeopardy to be honest. It was written for LA and the CC notes were added to it, unlike the rest of the GFW line that was written for generic and the d20 and LA notes added to it.

dachda wrote:

Yes. They are all on hold as we have to extract all the LA material from them. Gail wants us to focus on CZ, so I want put anyone on these tasks at all until after Gencon and the full release of Upper Works.

dachda wrote:

Yes. That should go up tonight or tomorrow.

dachda wrote:

That's what I gather. She is very excited about the CZ material and wants to ramp up production.

dachda wrote:

I can't speak for Gail here.

dachda wrote:

I can't and won't ever speak for Gail Gygax or Trigee. I will only speak for TLG and what we intend to do and what will be done.

Steve
troll@trolllord.com
Mike Frank
Ungern
Ungern

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that sucks. It was only a matter of time I suppose. For a long time our group played LA and C&C and just decided to go with C&C... well, I'm just not surprised. Sad

But I will say that I'm pleased that CZ will be getting more focus.

Ah, the bitter sweet pill. Confused
RakintheBlue
Troll
Troll

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment posted here, after thinking it through, is not really TLG relevant as TLG does not own the LA license any longer.

Haha it was like going over to Wotc and posting that C&C is never going to die!

D'oh!

Bad news can bring forth strong emotions.

I'll patiently wait for the news that makes
Quote:
I want you to know that work on LA continues and it will return. Gary would most certainly have wanted that.

Make sense.

Last edited by RakintheBlue on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
serleran

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all sincerity, I hope that Lejendary Pantheons will be printed. It is such an amazing book. Remove the C&C stuff if you must... but don't let it not get printed. :(
seskis281
Tusker
Tusker

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do really want to say how bad I feel for Spencer, and to thank him for all the work he has been doing the last several months, work that is obviously no longer extant... given his enthusiasm and dedication to the line, this must be a hard blow.

So from this one person, even one who wasn't primarily into LA, I just wanted to say thanks to Spencer and best of luck.

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
moriarty777
Dream Eater
Dream Eater

:

Items

I'm not quite sure what to think of this whole situation but there is certainly a bitter taste in my mouth. All I can truly hope for is some good to come of this (aside from the focus on CZ) because I'm not seeing it.

Confused

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dachda
Iron Monger
Iron Monger

:

Items

Steve, thanks for the answers to my questions.

I'm very disappointed that LP might be out of the picture. Had money saved for that one, since I first heard about it. Ironic, as I intended to use it for my Castle Zagyg campaign, and Zagyg is the reason it won't be released.

It'd be great if eventually the Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds stuff is re-released, once the LA crunch is removed. Is it safe to assume from your comment that the issue is removing LA references, and otherwise you will be able to follow through with the re-release plans? So we will have to wait longer, but can figure on them being released again?

Will you be able to move resources to Victorious and Star Siege, now? A few adventures for those would make them easier for a busy gamemaster to start running games with them.

Thanks again for your comments,
Darius
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll Lord wrote:

dachda wrote:

Yes. They are all on hold as we have to extract all the LA material from them. Gail wants us to focus on CZ, so I want put anyone on these tasks at all until after Gencon and the full release of Upper Works.

Can you say more about why it is necessary to extract all of the LA material from these books? Wouldn't it actually take more time to do so and delay work on CZ? Is it just a license thing? To me, if the work is done I see no reason not to just leave it as it is. Your main focus is CZ anyway so I do not see this being an issue.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Troll Lord Games Forum Index -> News & Subscription Services (Troll's Tusk, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, C&C Society) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: