Troll Troll Lord Games
Castles & Crusades, The Crusader Magazine, Aihrde, and all other things SIEGE.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
GMs, what games are you planning to run at TrollCon?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Troll Lord Games Forum Index -> Troll Con & Other Conventions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greywolf
Peck
Peck

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: GMs, what games are you planning to run at TrollCon? Reply with quote

If you are planning to run some games at TrollCon, inquiring minds want to know.

Please give us a teaser here. Title, scenario, player level, number of players, or game edition would all be welcome.

Just give us something to get more excited for TrollCon. Thanks.
Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to run at least one. I'll likely run Dragon Age as a pickup game and possibly an OD&D game as a scheduled event. I'm not real sure yet. The premise of the Dragon Age game is that PCs are a group of surface dwarves whose village has lost it's water supply due to a backstop upstream of them. They are sent to investigate and things turn from there. Can't really give any other details due to the nature of the (immediate) plot twist. The OD&D game... I'm kind of thinking of continuing my Kyndroff (celtic flavored, somewhat inspired by "The Witcher" but divergent) campaign. The first one was a huge hit and I liked the way it went. The PCs are members of a group of fey-hunters called "The Kyndroff" who use silver, magic, salt, and other methods to hunt and contain or destroy malicious fey spirits.

Last edited by Breakdaddy on Thu May 13, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
AGNKim
Dwarf Crusher
Dwarf Crusher

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be running a classic AD&D module. I know which one, but I ain't saying.

Click here: http://tiny.cc/4rvo5
CKDad
Grinder
Grinder

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need to submit my forms, but I'm tentatively planning two C&C games. I usually gear for a minimum of four and a max of eight players.

"Kobold Raiders 2: Lizardman Boogaloo" will see the players again take the roles of Chief Fippy's kobold minions, this time battling lizardmen instead of the feeble humans. Level? Heck, you're kobolds. Be happy you have pointy sticks.

I have two different scenarios in mind for the second game; both start off with a bit of village defense but the opposition and situation in each is a bit different, as are the subsequent actions. Hope to settle that out this weekend. This will be either low (1-3) or mid-level.

Also promised Treebore & Breakdaddy that I'd do some Classic Traveller. Haven't decided if I'll do that as a pick-up game or submit as a scheduled game. That will be Little Black Book-style Classic Traveller, with the BITS task system bolted on.

Lastly, planning to do something kid-oriented for the younger set, in part because my son (who'll be 13) will be along.
AGNKim
Dwarf Crusher
Dwarf Crusher

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKDad wrote:

Lastly, planning to do something kid-oriented for the younger set, in part because my son (who'll be 13) will be along.

My 10 year old is coming with me, so I want a spot for this game please. He loves playing C&C.

Click here: http://tiny.cc/4rvo5
Greywolf
Peck
Peck

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so far. That was all I needed to grow some excitement.

Now the hard part. I have to find someone to cover me for the weekend.

Breakdaddy, would you like to tell us a little more about Dragon Age?

If all works out, I am looking forward to some OD&D, AD&D, C&C, and maybe Dragon Age (sounds like a great scenario).
Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greywolf wrote:
Thanks so far. That was all I needed to grow some excitement.

Now the hard part. I have to find someone to cover me for the weekend.

Breakdaddy, would you like to tell us a little more about Dragon Age?

If all works out, I am looking forward to some OD&D, AD&D, C&C, and maybe Dragon Age (sounds like a great scenario).

Sure. Dragon Age is a rules light game that uses D6's for task resolution. For example, you roll 3d6 to hit in combat. One of the dice is a different color than the other two so that if you roll doubles on any two of the three dice, you get to perform a cool stunt based on the number of stunt points (indicated by the number rolled on the off-color die). There is a list of basic stunts for combat/magic attacks and the GM can add more or take player input on what they would like to do. The skill system is a list of skills that can be taken based on race/class and adds a flat +2 to any checks that you roll (in addition to the attribute bonus from the attribute the skill falls under). Its a fun system that is easy to learn and fast paced.
Darth Cestual
Peck
Peck

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may bring ThunderPwn out again if anyone would be interested in some Post Apocalyptic Arena Combat boardgame action. Twisted Evil
tylermo
Dwarf Crusher
Dwarf Crusher

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly a Doctor Who Savage Worlds scenario. Maybe some Avalon Hill Circus Maximus. Not sure about that last. Those old games are getting rare, and expensive to replace. I always hate to take them out of the house.
Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylermo wrote:
Possibly a Doctor Who Savage Worlds scenario. Maybe some Avalon Hill Circus Maximus. Not sure about that last. Those old games are getting rare, and expensive to replace. I always hate to take them out of the house.

Agreed. I have made up some OD&D booklets off of my PDFs so that I don't have to tote around my old white box at Troll Con. It cost the the price of a long reach saddlestitch stapler, but that's far less than the value of my original copy.
seskis281
Tusker
Tusker

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't "officially" signed up yet, but I am all set to be there and imagine I will run some C&C....

Just have to finish extricating myself from GenCon... *sniff*....

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
CKDad
Grinder
Grinder

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my forms in to Mr. Mcbain on Monday. Here's what I'm planning to run:

Kobold Raiders 2 - Lizardman Boogaloo!

Another kobold band has run afoul of a lizardman patrol. A lone survivor has returned to camp with a tale of ambush, dark magic and capture. Chief Fippy has dispatched sub-sub-chief Garp's band to the rescue!

System: C&C

Stolen Goods

A mysterious noblewoman and her bodyguard are chased into town by a humanoid band. Once safely inside the walls, she offers a reward for adventurers brave enough to recover some items stolen in the attack.

System: C&C

Mayday, Mayday...

"This is the Free Trader Beowulf... We are under attack... Turret #1 not responding... Mayday, Mayday... This is Free Trader Beowulf..."

System: Classic Traveller
Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww yeahhhhhh, all! Excitement is ramping up for Troll Con and Breakdaddy is ready to DEPLOY! THese games are sounding great and I can't wait to get in the ones I can!
tylermo
Dwarf Crusher
Dwarf Crusher

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there some submission forms that need to be fiiled out? Or, can we run games off-schedule?
Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylermo wrote:
are there some submission forms that need to be fiiled out? Or, can we run games off-schedule?

Get with McBain on the submission forms chief, he will hooksor you. Pickup games are also welcome.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Troll Lord Games Forum Index -> Troll Con & Other Conventions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: