Forum Index

NEWS:
GORE Boxed Set: Chest of Wonders

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index » GORE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDarcy

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: GORE Boxed Set: Chest of Wonders Reply with quote

I'm wondering how many people into GORE:

1. Remember the old Worlds of Wonder boxed set.
2. Think a repeat of that using GORE would be an interesting addition to available retro-clones/OSR games.
3. Would be interested in buying it, especially as a gift to others.

BlU_sKrEEm

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I've read about it, but can't say I've ever seen it.
2) Depends what you mean by repeat. A multi-genera game would be pretty cool, but the more derivative the less I think it would add to the OSR.
3) It's pretty much guaranteed that I would pick it up for myself, but I'd have to see the final product before I can say I'd gift it to some one. I'm a product whore, but I can be pretty picky on gifts.

seneschal

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Worlds of Wonder is available for free download here:

http://basicrps.narod.ru/index-wow.html

Personally, I think a more valuable product would be a non-horror campaign book employing GORE. Several folks have said they're working on such, but the projects (so far) haven't panned out.

Casey777

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix GORE and Openquest Smile I dunno how well it could do Supers tho and the original WoWonder Supers was kinda wonky IIRC.

The art and dripping blood motif of the latest version of GORE really got in the way of my reading and along with the image placement had me putting my printout aside. Too bad as I enjoyed the rules (mainly from my reading of previous versions tho Sad ).

I like the idea of oh, the current big BRP book, but it is a *big* book since it has tons of options and tweaks. A generic trim book could be useful, mind the BRP Quickstart does a decent job of that with the genre adventures at the end. Just not sure why this idea'd have to be a boxed set. I'm not yet convinced that the current trend of attempting boxed sets will pan out or be economically viable (though I hope at least some of them will be).

MDarcy

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seneschal wrote:
Personally, I think a more valuable product would be a non-horror campaign book employing GORE. Several folks have said they're working on such, but the projects (so far) haven't panned out.

Games I pitched last week: http://www.darketiquette.com/rpg/Prospectus.pdf

That should give an idea of the kinds of campaigns I would want to include. Whatever they buy into will start showing up on my blog, Places to Go, People to Be unless we go with Glorantha.

Actually, just thinking about Glorantha, specifically Pavis/The Big Rubble. A way to regenerate the idea would to be to take the basic idea (old city next to new one) and recast it as Illium/Troy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index » GORE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: